Welcome to WalkS.A.F.E.
Third Coast Underwriters winter-weather slip and fall elimination safety campaign.
In addition to the information on this page, visit our complete Resource Library to find safety articles, eLearnings, printable PDFs, videos and other materials to help you reduce slips, trips and falls throughout the year.
Preparing for Winter Weather
Slips, trips and falls are prevalent when winter weather takes hold — and preparation is the first step in reducing the risk. Before the first snowfall, consider the following:
- Ensure you have access to weather advisory alert systems.
- Tune-up snow blowers and other snow removal equipment or consider hiring a snow removal contractor.
- Make a plan for when off-premise work is necessary.
- Maintain a supply of salt, sand and/or other ice melters.
- Obtain proper footwear (boots, ice cleats, indoor shoes).
- Post slip/trip/fall advisories around the building.
- Ensure entryway mats and housekeeping supplies are on the ready.
Contact your dedicated loss control consultant or visit our resource library for more WalkS.A.F.E. tips, tools and information.
Share this resource:
URL coppied to clipboard.
Or send it directly to someone via our email form:
- WalkS.A.F.E. Create Your Own Campaign
- WalkS.A.F.E. Proper Footwear Poster
- WalkS.A.F.E. Slips, Trips and Falls Sample Program
- WalkS.A.F.E. Walk Like a Penguin Poster
- WalkS.A.F.E Snow and Ice Removal Log
- WalkS.A.F.E. Winter Safety Tip Sheet for Remote Workers
- Toolbox Talk: Cold Weather
- Toolbox Talk: Avoid Skidding
- Toolbox Talk: Winter Dehydration
- Safety Short: Slips, Trips & Falls