Angle: Oct. 2020
A Message from 3CU Vice President Mike Valiante
Dear agent partners,
I’d like to start this edition by recognizing the incredible strength and tenacity of the customers we serve. They are the men and women who’ve kept key functions of our nation running in some of the most challenging times we’ve faced in recent years.
We’ve seen and felt this struggle — no doubt shared by our customers, agents like you and our own teammates. Remaining optimistic is something my team and I have found to be quite helpful in maintaining momentum. And although we won’t end 2020 with the results we’ve seen in the last few years, we are thankful to be here with our dedicated agent partners by our side. Here are a few accomplishments we’re really proud of this year:
- We expanded our service offerings in two new states, Wisconsin and Florida. As of November, we’ve appointed 14 agencies and look forward to growing these new relationships.
- We’ve celebrated retirements, promotions and additions to our team. Marica, the regional director appointed to lead our Southeast region following Jerry Self’s retirement is making great strides and getting to know many of you virtually continuing to build the strength of the Southeast team.
- We’ve strengthened our virtual communications. We hosted our annual council online this year, launched a new website and secure customer portal, and have had countless video meetings with agents. Although we miss our in-person sessions, getting to see you virtually makes things feel a little more normal.
- Our TeleCompCare program has proven to be a valuable tool, especially during the last several months, as it has allowed us to help injured workers virtually — keeping them out of busy physician’s offices and hospitals. And the results of TCC have been remarkable, including in policyholders seeing 42% reduction in indemnity claims and a 54% reduction in overall claim costs after just one year in the program.
- As an enterprise, AF Group was once again (eleven years and counting!) recognized by Business Insurance as a “Best Place to Work in Insurance.” And most recently, our financial strength rating of “A” (Excellent) with a ‘stable’ outlook was reaffirmed by A.M. Best.
Your dedicated efforts to help us serve our mutual customers in this new landscape has not gone unnoticed – and we appreciate your partnership more than ever. We have a saying at 3CU – in everything we do, we keep our promises. We promise to be there for you and our policyholders, as we navigate the months ahead together.
As always, stay safe and healthy.
Business Development, Underwriting and Data Analytics
AF Group Announces Executive Leadership Changes
AF Group recently announced the transition of key executives as it continues its success as an innovative and diversified market leader. Read the complete press release here.
Help Your Drivers Make Better Decisions Behind the Wheel
AF Group brands recently partnered with Smith System a leading vehicle crash-avoidance training company to offer safe driving resources to our policyholders at a special negotiated discount. Learn more, contact 3CU Vice President, Customer Operations and Loss Control Scott Babcock.
Since the program’s inception in 2017, we’ve seen a dramatic reduction in indemnity frequency for customers who consistently use TeleCompCare® (TCC). To access the latest information and resources on TeleCompCare, visit our website.
3CU Resource Library
Earlier this year, 3CU.com re-launched featuring a brand new Resource Library making it even easier for you to find, preview, share or download exactly the materials you’re looking for – from claims, to marketing to loss control. Visit the Resource Library today! 3CU.com/resource-library