- Marguerite Dixen — President
- Marguerite presides over the brand's operations. Having 25 years of experience in multiple lines of business, she is familiar with the needs of agents and customers and has a proven track-record of meeting them. Prior to starting the Third Coast brand she was Senior Vice President of a specialty workers& compensation company new to the Midwest and went on to lead their nationwide workers' compensation construction practice. Marguerite has also managed a national account casualty operation for a major carrier. She holds a BA from the University of Wisconsin at Madison, and is designated both as a Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter and an Associate in Risk Management. Her extensive experience gives 3CU a perspective that is uniquely capable to serve our customers and agents.
- Scott Babcock — Vice President of Customer Operations and Loss Control
- Scott is responsible for managing the customer experience and directing the loss control department. He brings to 3CU over 25 years of experience in working with complex national accounts as well as specialty companies. Scott has a diverse background as an insurance professional including his role as senior vice president of a regional specialty operation, senior loss control management and as a risk manager. He is a registered OSHA 30-Hour instructor, has completed extensive coursework in customer relations, sales/marketing and insurance related education, and earned a BS from Southern Illinois University. His unique combination of experience and training enables him to understand our agents' and customers' needs to ensure we are delivering the performance our clients expect.
- Brad Schmitt — Director of Claims
- Brad manages the activities of the 3CU Claims Department. With 17 years of experience, Brad has worked for a national and specialty carrier, leading teams of adjusters that broke benchmarks and drove down loss ratios. His techniques are innovative, and he continues to develop new tools and strategies that remain at the forefront of the industry. Brad has experience working as a large loss and subrogation specialist. He earned an Associate In Claims (AIC) designation and 30-Hour OSHA certification, in addition to being professionally published. Brad's experience, focus, and innovative, analytic nature allow him to achieve outstanding results for our policyholders and agents.
- Matt Skomal, CPCU — Director of Underwriting
- Matt is responsible for underwriting and production of profitable business for 3CU. He brings to 3CU 25 years of underwriting and managerial experience in all major commercial lines of business, servicing a wide variety of client specialties. Matt has built and managed both underwriting teams and large portfolios. He has worked as a national accounts underwriter, and has extensive experience in loss projection methods and program design. Matt has earned the CPCU designation, an MBA from the University of North Dakota, and a BA from the University of San Diego. With his leadership, we are able to identify and monitor the needs of individual policyholders, and build programs tailored to meet unique business requirements.
- Mike Valiante — Director of Field Operations
- Mike is responsible for managing 3CU's agency relationships and field underwriting operations. Mike brings to 3CU experience on both the company and agency side of the insurance business. He has multiple line insurance experience, focusing on middle market accounts, working primarily with brokers and agents in the Midwest region. He has a long history of building profitable, diverse books of business and cultivating long-standing business relationships. Mike earned a BA in History and Political Science from Marietta College.
- Bob Hamilton, CPCU, ARM, AU, AAI — Underwriting Director, Gulf Region
- Bob Hamilton joins us as Underwriting Director-Gulf Region, and is responsible for gulf region operations. He is based in Houston, TX. Bob brings over 33 years of commercial underwriting experience to 3CU, and has worked in the gulf region since 1987. He brings to 3CU extensive experience in our specific classes of business (including USL&H and oil & gas)and has specialized in working with programs and customers with complex risks. Bob's knowledge of the region and specific insurance requirements will be of great value to our broker and customer partners in the Gulf. Bob holds his CPCU, ARM, AU, AAI designations and is a graduate of University of South Carolina.